“Zartonk”, “Hayk” և “Our Community” factions of Talin community have issued a statement, which we present below.
- 2021 The meeting of the newly elected council of Talin community was convened on December 17, 2012 at 12:00, during which the head of the community was to be elected.
- During the meeting, police forces surrounded the Talin municipality building.
- During the newly elected sitting, “Zartonk”, “Hayk”, “Our Community” presented information on the establishment of the factions of the same name, including notes, minutes of the faction sitting, charters of the faction.
- During the newly elected sitting, the members elected by the list of the “Civil Contract” party did not form a faction, which, in fact, reasoned that it was not obligatory at this stage.
- The first number on the list, Karen Grigoryan, was nominated on behalf of the “Hayk” faction, who refused to run, after which the faction nominated Davit Manukyan, who is on the list.
- Tavros Sapeyan was nominated by a member of the CP Council of Elders.
- According to the results of the open voting, Davit Manukyan, nominated by the “Hayk” faction, received 10 votes, and Tavros Sapeyan, nominated by the member of the CP Council of Elders, received 11 votes.
- Davit Manukyan, nominated by the Hayk faction, did not receive “against” votes, Davit Manukyan received 47.7% of the votes.
- Hayk faction member Karen Grigoryan voted for Tavros Sapeyan, who, contrary to the document he signed, did not defend his faction member with his masculine speech.
Analysis of these facts makes it clear that CP member Tavros Sapeyan could not be elected mayor because he was not nominated by the faction.
According to Article 142.2, Part 4 of the Electoral Code, the factions of the Council of Elders can nominate the person at the top of their party (party bloc) list of candidates as a candidate for mayor, and if he / she refuses, the faction can nominate the party (s). the next person on the list of candidates according to the alliance) who has agreed to run as a candidate.
There is no norm in the Electoral Code or the Law on Local Self-Government that reserves the right to nominate a member of the Council of Elders based on the proportional system.
The only possibility is provided by Article 142.2, Part 4 of the above-mentioned Electoral Code. Moreover, the legislator used the term “may” in this norm, as the faction may not nominate a candidate for mayor.
Consequently, a person not nominated by the faction was “elected” mayor of Talin, which is a gross violation of the law.
According to Part 8 of Article 142.2 of the Electoral Code of the Republic of Armenia, if one candidate is nominated, he / she is elected mayor, if the number of votes for him / her is more than the number of votes against, more than 40% of the total number of council members.
The documentation for this provision of the law is available because:
- In accordance with Part 4 of Article 142.2 of the Electoral Code, one candidate was nominated (Tavros Sapeyan was not nominated by the faction).
- Davit Manukyan, nominated by the “Hayk” faction, received 47.7% of votes.
- Davit Manukyan, nominated by the “Hayk” faction, did not receive “against” votes.
In these conditions, the factions think that Davit Manukyan should have been elected mayor.
The signed members of the factions will apply to the court, remaining faithful to 07.12.2021. According to the agreements reached between them, they will focus their joint efforts on developing the Talin community, restoring the rule of law, and eliminating betrayal and division.
The factions call on Tavros Sapeyan not to speak on behalf of the Talin mayor.
The factions will not take part in the swearing-in ceremony of the unelected person.
Mnatsakan Andranik Mnatsakanyan
Vorosh Voroshi Khachatryan
Anahit Lyova Ghazaryan
Ascension Khachik Hambardzumyan
Armen Razmik Grigoryan
Tamara Hrachik Gorgyan
“Our Community” faction
Artak Hovsep Sarukhanyan
Lusine Jirayr Galstyan
Gayane Samvel Grigoryan
David Khachatur Manukyan
If you find a mistake, you can send it to us by selecting the mistake by pressing CTRL + Enter