I did not consider myself crazy in the negotiations, as the capitulation was proudly proud of his provincialism during his internal meetings, but I negotiated honestly and with dignity with my colleagues, the party chairman Serzh Sargsyan stated at the 17th congress of the Republican Party.
“Armenia in those years was a regional factor, a full-fledged participant in international processes, a sovereign state with a strong back, fair goals, a strong army. And it seemed to a provincial magician that after misleading the Armenian people, he would be able to do the same to the world. The one who starts from his own point of view, the one who makes cynical statements “whatever I want”, the one who informs about the negotiations from his enemy, the one who puts an incomprehensible condition in front of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs. “The diplomatic trenches created by hard work during the 1990s brought disaster to our people with a bloody war,” Serzh Sargsyan stated, referring to the third Artsakh war and its aftermath.
According to him, all this is so visible, so provable, so obvious that it can directly answer these three questions that concern the people.
« – Was it possible to prevent this war?
– Yes, this war could have been prevented.
– If, however, hostilities broke out, was it possible to avoid so many losses in the war?
– Yes, it was possible to avoid such heavy losses.
– Was it possible to neutralize the new threats after November 9?
– Yes, it was possible. “For example, territorial concessions through verbal agreements were a weakness. Failure to comply with paragraph 8 of the November 9 statement regarding the captives, calling them all deserters to avoid responsibility, is nonsense, and the cases of more than eighty captives under the ceasefire are a sign of weakness.” Serzh Sargsyan.
If you notice an error in the text, send a message to the editor stating the error, then pressing Ctrl-Enter.