The “My Step” faction of the Yerevan Council of Elders has initiated a process of expressing no confidence in Mayor Hayk Marutyan, about which it has issued a statement informing that it is nominating the incumbent First Deputy Mayor Hrachya Sargsyan for the post of Yerevan Mayor.
The announcement states ․
“Taking into account that:
1. As a result of the elections held in September 2018, the “My Step” bloc has formed a city government with a joint political and operational responsibility;
2. Hayk Marutyan was elected mayor as a result of one revolutionary mandate of the citizens who voted for the “My Step” bloc in the September 2018 elections;
3. Hayk Marutyan, who ran in the above-mentioned elections as a candidate of the CP party առաջին number one on the electoral list of the “My Step” bloc, in December 2020, according to his application, left the CP party “My Step” bloc. During the decisive political events, he reaffirmed the decision of his CP party not to share any political responsibility with the “My Step” bloc;
4. Hayk Marutyan has not fulfilled with sufficient efficiency և does not fulfill the obligations of the “My Step” bloc undertaken before the citizens of Yerevan ամ fixed by the pre-election program;
5. Hayk Marutyan has not sufficiently fulfilled և does not fulfill the most important mission of eradicating systemic corruption from Yerevan Municipality;
6. The bloc’s mandate to the people of Yerevan չի The mandate can not be fulfilled in a situation when the mayor has severed ties with the political majority of the Council of Elders, the “My Step” bloc.
The “My Step” faction has initiated a process of expressing no confidence in Mayor Hayk Marutyan. The Alliance nominates the incumbent First Deputy Mayor Hrachya Sargsyan for the post of Yerevan Mayor.
We thank Hayk Marutyan for the joint work, we wish him success in his new political haven. “
If you notice an error in the text, send a message to the editor stating the error, then pressing Ctrl-Enter.